The window for the EU to establish an AI strategy that will strengthen its position in the global digital economy is rapidly narrowing. While Europe has many assets to build a strong AI ecosystem, it also trails behind its peers in terms of adoption, commercialization, and investment. In addition, European policymakers need to establish a regulatory environment that promotes innovation and enables European businesses to access the data necessary to train machine-learning algorithms. What are the priorities the EU should focus on in the coming months? How should policymakers strengthen R&D and retain talent? And how can Europe create a foundation for future innovation in AI?
Join the Center for Data Innovation for a video webinar with experts from industry and government to discuss Europe’s near-term AI priorities.
Date and Time:
Wednesday, March 25, 2020, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (CET)
- Elijus Čivilis, Vice-Minister, Ministry of the Economy and Innovation of the Republic of Lithuania
- Eline Chivot, Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Data Innovation (moderator)
- Sylwia Giepmans-Stepien, Manager Public Policy and Government Relations, Google
- Irina Orssich, Team leader AI (CNECT A2, Technologies and Systems for Digitizing Industry), European Commission
- Magdalena Piech, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Allegro & Chair, European Tech Alliance
- Felix Uedelhoven, Senior Manager Government Affairs & Policy Europe, GE Healthcare
Streaming video will be available on this page on the day of the webinar. Have questions for the panel? Submit them online.